Apex Resources Announces An Expanded Exploration Program On The Kena And Daylight Gold Projects
September 12, 2017
September 12, 2017, Vancouver, BC - Apex Resources Inc. ("Apex") (TSXV: APX) is pleased to report that due to the success of the Phase I exploration program on the Kena-Daylight Property located near Nelson, BC, its Joint Venture partner, Prize Mining Corp ("Prize") (TSXV:PRZ), has undertaken an expanded exploration program. This program will follow-up surface geochemical and geophysical anomalies with detailed sampling programs designed to better define and/or expand key targets prior to initiating diamond drilling.
The expanded surface program is intended to verify soil anomaly targets and high-grade rock sample results located during the July to August phase-I program (Sept. 6, 2017 News Release). The program will also evaluate new and previously underexplored mineralized zones within the Daylight and Kena claim areas. Refer to maps 1 and 2 for specific follow-up target areas: (https://www.prizemining.com/site/assets/files/1749/2017-09-wp-daylight-tnut.jpg) (https://www.prizemining.com/site/assets/files/1751/2017-09-wp-kena.jpg).
Feisal Somji, president and chief executive officer of Prize, commented "Given our successful surface exploration this summer, I am excited to announce the expansion of the program to test both new high-grade anomalies as well as existing potential mineralized zones". "These high-grade anomalies represent a great opportunity for us to create shareholder value with the objective of a discovery focused drill program."
Focal points for the follow-up program include:
- Ground truthing of the 41+ soil anomaly targets and numerous high-grade rock sample results referenced in the Prize, August 29, 2017 News Release.
- Additional composite rock sample lines through the Great Western and Eastern targets
- Additional soil sample lines along the Silver King Shear in un-sampled areas between the Daylight property and the adjacent Toughnut property.
- An expanded ground magnetic survey, east of the Daylight grid, over a prospective area straddling the Daylight and Gold Mountain zones.
- Baseline evaluation (prospecting) of peripheral Kena targets (Gold cup, Euphrates, Dighem, Bicycle, Prince and areas between the Kena Gold and Kena Copper zones and the south end of the Kena Copper -South Gold Zone).
The results from the expanded Phase I exploration program will be used to further refine upcoming drilling and trenching campaigns, and to establish a priority sequence for continued 2018 exploration targeting.
Jarrod Brown, P.Geo., a Qualified Person under NI 43-101, has reviewed and approved the scientific and technical information in this news release.
About Apex Resources Inc.:
Apex is a Canadian gold exploration and development company focused on British Columbia and the Yukon Territories. Apex has a portfolio of quality properties including:
- The 1.9 million ounce Kena-Daylight gold property under JV option to Prize Mining Corp.
- The Jersey-Emerald tungsten-zinc property under option to Margaux Resources Ltd.
- The Mount Anderson gold-silver property in the Yukon.
- The Red Ridge gold-silver property in the Yukon.
- The Cloud, Eldorado and Wild properties in BC's Golden Triangle.
Apex management has a track record of mine discovery that includes the discovery and development of the renowned Hemlo Gold Mine in Ontario.
For further information on Apex's projects, visit www.apxresources.com.
Arthur G. Troup, P.Eng., Geological
President and CEO
For further information please contact:
Marc Lee, Investor and Corporate Communications
Tel: (604) 628-0519 Fax: (604) 628-0446
Email: moc.secruoserxpa@eelm or moc.secruoserxpa@ofni
This release was prepared by Apex's management. Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as the term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release. This news release includes certain statements that may be deemed "forward-looking statements." All statements in this release, other than statements of historical facts, that address future production, reserve potential, exploration drilling, exploitation activities and events or developments that Apex expects are forward-looking statements. Although Apex believes the expectations expressed in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, such statements are not guarantees of future performance and actual results or developments may differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in forward-looking statements include market prices, exploitation and exploration successes, and continued availability of capital and financing, and general economic, market or business conditions. Investors are cautioned that any such statements are not guarantees of future performance and those actual results or developments may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements. For more information on Apex, investors should review Apex's filings that are available at www.sedar.com or Apex's website at www.apxresources.com.